Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Engineer – Cornwall
Remuneration: £25 – 35K+ Bonus subject experience plus overtime at T1.5/T2 rates
Chillflow Solutions Limited is specialist engineering company which strives to attain a high standard of service delivery. In the last five years the company has achieved a strong and stable growth trajectory, expanding our services whilst achieving multiple ISO standards combined with several main contractor compliance accreditations status. We have a diverse and selective client portfolio across Devon, Cornwall and Sydney, Australia.
We deliver a range of services within the Marine, MOD, Commercial/Industrial sectors.
• Mechanical & Electrical
• General fabrication welding to include manufacture and installation Duct sheet metal works.
• F-gas (Up to large Industrial system assets)
• Gas/catering services
• 20 Days holiday plus bank hols per year to start, accruing 1 day per year basis up to 25 days.
• Regular training and career progression opportunities.
• Company vehicle/Fuel card
• Specialist tools, Mobile phone, and PDA/Tablet device
• Company branded clothes & PPE
A relocation package is available for the suitable candidates planning to relocate to Cornwall
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Current 2079 F-gas qualification
• City and Guilds refrigeration and Air Conditioning (6187) Level 2
• Experience working on Split units, AHU, VRV’s and chillers.
• Experience of reactive/maintenance / breakdown work
• Experience of working within Facilities Management.
• Good diagnostic/problem solving skills
• Excellent customer facing and communication skills
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written
• Proficient in reading and understanding manuals of unfamiliar equipment
• Current UK driving license
• A sound knowledge of Health & Safety including risk assessment & working safely with equipment.
• A minimum of 7 years industry experience
• A strong M&E background would be an advantage
• Electrical qualifications an advantage
• Candidates will be required to be cleared to SC clearance level.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
• Installation and operation of engineering equipment in line with operational requirements of the sites; this includes but not limited to: Control systems, Split Units, AHU, VRV’s, Chillers, Pressurization Units, BMS. On occasion this may include completing tasks outside of the HVAC & A/C skill-set
• Communicate with operations manager and other Chillflow team members to implement and ensure operating procedures are met, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information to the relevant persons and/or suppliers.
• If required/requested, work on a call out rota/or work weekend/evenings.
• Ability to measure, work to plans, drawing up RAMS, read technical drawings and communicate, present and report technical information as appropriate.
• Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up to date knowledge of H & S & environmental regulations.
• Produce accurate and detailed replacement spec/equipment/work reports to allow detailed quotations to be generated with the office team.
• Monitor and evaluate ongoing asset/ facility performance, through scheduled planned maintenance tasks, reporting any additional remedial works required to ensure the clients relevant contractual ‘fit for purpose’ standards are attained.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is a re-location package with this job role. Chillflow Solutions Limited do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, color, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you feel that you have what we’re looking for, please download and complete an application form and email to